About Me

My photo
Dallas, TEXAS, United States
Blogs for Photography, Travel, and Cooking

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Henna Tattoo Event


At an event in Summer 2010 of July, I spoke to a community youth group about the cultural significance of henna tattoos as a form of body art in the South Asian culture. After the short speaking engagement, I applied tattoos to the children in designs and words of their choice with another volunteer. They had looked up flowers, dolphins, words, and other designs they wanted in books before hand and had those readily available for me to copy the designs onto their hands, arms, feet, and legs. This was an opportunistic bunch having done much of the research beforehand! Kudos to them. Here is one of the pictures a young boy had applied to his knuckles symbolizing so much of what children see at this age at school and on television.   

Visit my fb fan page! https://www.facebook.com/DigitalPhotosbyRhia
Visit my website! http://mariammkhan.wix.com/PhotoPortfolio