About Me

My photo
Dallas, TEXAS, United States
Blogs for Photography, Travel, and Cooking

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Mountain Vista in Colorado


I photographed this image hiking the desert trails of the Mesa Verde on Native American lands in Colorado. It made for a perfect mountain vista against blue skies and low hanging clouds. There was greenery on the desert, albeit, shrubs and grasses. The lands are treated as a museum to visit with live tours, but ownership is retained by the Native Americans (to the tribal members) from generation to generation to whom the lands originally belonged. It made for an interesting tour that I greatly enjoyed in learning about the historical lessons of a people from long ago and their culture, lifestyle, and a will to live evident in their native ways. I wish to return and to continue to visit other Native American tribal lands. I urge everybody to do this at least once in a lifetime. It is a great learning experience and a fundamental for children on family vacations. There is plenty to do in these areas where nature and wildlife abound.  

Visit my fb fan page! https://www.facebook.com/DigitalPhotosbyRhia
Visit my website! http://mariammkhan.wix.com/PhotoPortfolio