About Me

My photo
Dallas, TEXAS, United States
Blogs for Photography, Travel, and Cooking

Monday, December 05, 2016

Saying farewell to photography

I am saying farewell to Digital Photos by Rhia after over 3,000 customers as a photographer at concerts, for musicians, wedding, bridal and engagement, couples, maternity, families, pets, and portrait photography in the studio. After 12 years since 2004, as this 2016 ends, I am closing my business for customers. I photographed at customers' homes and places of worship often choosing other locations for photography as the locations were special to them as couples and families. During my graduate school years, I worked as a photographer when I was not working on marketing and advertising projects and grants in the USA. 

I photographed at several studios that have since gone bankrupt as my photography skills continued to appeal to customers over the more than a decade that I stayed in business. I have seen many of the same customers return to the studios when new companies opened businesses again at locations throughout the DMV (DC, MD, and VA) that closed. They returned with their families and they continued to come to the studios time and again for photos of their children as they grew, their families, and annually especially for the winter holiday season and family occasions that were once-in-a-lifetime. Often, three to four generations of families came to the studio and they were able to get great photos that they could have forever digitally and with prints. They chose frames and canvas too. They have these amazing photos of their family to give to the next generation in their homes.

I am happy and proud that they liked the photos so much that they often returned to the companies I worked for asking for my photography, liked my studio management, and liked my photos when I was enjoying life by working part-time as a studio photographer. When I went to their homes for their weddings and occasions, they accepted me to photograph their families and their closest moments as they took a step in their life they had not taken before. 

While I am saddened that I am ending my years as a professional photographer, I am also excited for the next steps I am taking as I get more travel photos traveling the world and add to my experience as an influential business woman born famous and famous for my career with influence on national economies throughout the world in different nations with trade and Style and Design for clothing in North America, Europe, and the South Asian region that exports clothes to all regions of the world where South Asians live with their families to wear for their traditional cultural attire. 

Note: As a designer and marketer I will be moving on to the next part of my life. South Asian ethnic attire is required in many families for religion.